Sunday, August 21, 2011

a meditative walk..

a week ago:
I have been quite ill. the cold turned to the flu which in turn progressed to bronchitis and sinus infection. I was so sick that Joe took me to the Drs after me saying no for a few weeks.. I am now on a puffer thingie and antibiotics [anyone who knows me that I have gone kicking and screaming down this alley way]... I have been delirious, in and out of a weird dream like state. hallucinating. a very odd past month indeed.
In my awake moments, I lay on our bed looking out the window at the eucalypts..
and sometimes little times of gratitude sneaked into my heart:

noticing a mother walking past with her dog while her two sons rode along beside her - chatting about their day, I guess.

the blackbird outside, singing somewhere - it took me quite awhile of listening to his song before I realised what bird it was.

and the dreams, oh the dreams! sometimes in my delirium the angels have spoken to me. animals have visited in my dreams. my higher self has spoken.. all trying to soothe my restless soul. I must learn or remember to live in the present moment..


today was the first time that i felt like walking anywhere. I packed my camera, my notepad and took myself off to Katoomba.. to meditate, barefoot upon Mother Earth. to breath in the moist air of the upper mountains. heavy with the perfume of damp earth after rain. i sat for 15 mins, with my eyes closed, feet bare. absorbing the healing energy. feeling as if i was home. people came past, i heard them whisper to their children 'shhh'.. in my mind i said thankyou. I heard a waterfall across the valley - and felt myself being absorbed into the sound until we were one, that waterfall and I. my heart ached with longing to live here..
[and this is where we will be moving to, once Villa Maria is sold. it is only early days yet, but I pray & wish with all my heart that it won't be long.. please wish with me]...

Katoomba is paradise to me..  taken today after my meditative walk

Tints of the lichens that cling and spread,
Nile-green, primrose, and palest red . . .
Dorothea Mackeller



O'yarrang - old man's beard. gathered to create myself a plant essence to help me belong.



we all need water & Mother Nature provides. small rivulets find their way down into a natural hollow in the roots of a tree. a mini watering hole. tomorrow a drink for the birds and insects.

worlds within worlds. the skyscrapers of the lichen world - push their way towards the light. I love the damp, dank smell of the bush after rain. earthy. me.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear you have been so ill. I'm happy that the worst is behind you now. I'm hopin g with you, that your house will be sold real soon and you can go to your new home.
Have a wonderful day.

rebecca said...

welcome back to dear robyn! i am so happy to hear your legs have taken you to this place of great natural beauty. i sought out more images of Katoomba, where mountains strive upwards towards god, and the hem of clouds touch all the life below with moisture and promise. this seems to be a powerful and nurturing paradise that speaks so soothingly to earth and hearts.
when i think of you,i will begin seeing you here. in the heart of this paradise in the upper mountains.

love you sweet robyn.

deb did it said...

Nothing better than a barefoot walk with Mother Earth I am so happy you feel better! ~ And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.~Kahlil Gibran~
~

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh dear! You don't want to fool around with bronchitis and sinus infection -- only antibiotics can truly knock them out. Pop those pills like candy! I hope you feel much, much better soon.

Kathleen Barnes said...

Oh Miss Robyn, you sound like you may be a long lost sister in the wilds of Oz. I am so glad you liked my collage, I certainly enjoy your photos!Stay in touch!

Unknown said...

Nothing worse than being so sick...happy that you are up and walking. Your wild lichen filled world seems healing in your description and photos.

sending good thoughts your way..to make wishes come true.
x..x

Leanne said...

hope youre on the mend now robyn. Its amazing how Nature can soothe. Here's hoping your home sells quickly, and you can return to your mountains..
Leanne x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics...most people wouldn't stop to notice lichen!

C said...

hugs, wishes and lots of love sweet Robyn x x x

Beatnheart said...

what a glorious spot. I too fall to bronchitis every time I get a cold. Nasty times indeed. Feel better Ms. robyn

Meri said...

Oh my, do I identify with your illness experience. At the beginning of our spring, I went from well one day to laid flat out the next and I was barely out of bed for four weeks. I resisted antibiotics for two weeks, then found that the first ten-day course of antibiotics was useless. A switch to a different med turned the tide (or my immune system finally kicked in). And the inhaler was worthless too, though the narcotic cough syrup helped a lot. It took three or more weeks after the turning point to get my stamina and lung capacity back. Take good care! (And by the way, I see a deep rooted Celtic spirituality in your site. . . )

Cheryl@Gingerbread Crafts said...

I'm sorry you have been ill, Robyn, glad you are on the mend.

Katoomba would have to be one of my favourite winter desitinations.

There is certainly something strange going on, more than one person has mentioned it. Lately my dreams have been intense - the last month or so. Old repetitive dream themes have abounded, each with new features and new endings. Answers found, more questions raised. Which is wonderful because if I find the answers to everything what else is there?

My love to you and Joe, may your house sell quickly and you find a new perfect home soon. I've wanted to say this before that Villa Maria needed you to bring soul into her and you fulfilled that quest.

J C said...

Robyn, I can remember your previous posts about Katoomba, how peaceful you always seemed when writing about it. This is one of those times. I am wishing with you....for you. xoxoxo

Fire Byrd said...

Good to know your are healing and have the energy to walk again, especially when the walk and sitting is so healing.
I'll keep m fingers crossed for a quick sale and finding the right place to fulfill your dreams.
xx

Imogen said...

What beautiful photos; such delicate tiny details of earthly beauty. Welcome back and continue to get well!

laoi gaul~williams said...

i am so glad you are better dear robyn and so glad you got out with your bare feet and was able to meditate and feel so good because of it :)

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)