Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

Parsley,

sage,

rosemary,

and thyme..

I have been taking time each day to try and sit in contemplation, to spend time with God.. and it is helping my spiritual life. I feel alot more settled than i have done in the past weeks..

spring is certainly upon us here in Springwood.. my new home town. The bluebells are out, many of them. Azaleas are blooming, birds playing their funny mating games.

the front fence is painted and I have a garden along the front ~ planting sedum Autumn Joy, english lavender [I was going to plant italian lavender, but the english is alot more sturdy] & lots of colourful geraniums. we have started work on the courtyard in the front garden - many pots, lots of herbs and eventually a vine covered 'secret place'

around the garden, I have been planting herbs in readiness for summer & salads.

worms are making their way to the garden at Villa Maria and the earth is teeming with them now. there are two blackbirds who greet me every morning and just this afternoon while Joe & I were working side by side in the garden, a pair of magpies came to visit.. the first since we bought the home... every day I say to myself 'I love living here at Villa Maria'

3 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

Sounds like it is a good place to live.
But are you saying that to convince you, or because it is a good place to live?
xx

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are loving your new world. I love all those herbs but rosemary I really love. Love Hugs and Blessings

Anonymous said...

Word will get around with the birds Robyn.I'm sure soon there will be more blackbirds and magpies to watch. I love their Spring songs! So happy to hear you are enjoying establishing your new home.xx

"She seemed to come suddenly upon happiness as if she had surprised a butterfly in the Winter woods"
(edith wharton)